Resolutions, shmezolutions. They are pretty much worthless. I think that I have never carried one out. Does anyone? If so, they are a better person than I. Good for them. My More and Less Christmas list has some checks by it. I received an owl. Is it real?, you ask... maybe, maybe not. I have many things that smell good and depth is on its way. I laughed a lot at our high school friends Christmas breakfast. Check.
I have thought of some More and Less new years wishes. Here are some non-commitments I am not likely to break.
More a.k.a. Hopes Not Yet Set in Stone
- "using the good china" - I am going to make more occasions that are special. Not waiting for "just the right time" to use something. It generally never comes so I am stuck with a lot of random awesome things that could have been just what others or I needed on an ordinary day. So I will be fancy on random days, using the good dishes for pizza and splashing on the Chanel No. 5 before I garden.
- Take care of myself as well as I take care of others. This could go one of two ways. Either I will see that I am not as good to others as I fathom and end up worse for it and depressed or I could end up healthier, happier and blessed. I hope for the latter.
- Savoring the moment. Every moment be it special or ordinary will never be replicated or enjoyed if not done in the instant it happens. I really need to relish things more.
Less a.k.a. Things I Will Not Be Doing This Year.
- Letting others' dysfunction make me dysfunction. Misery loves company. Maybe this is why I don't belly laugh like I used to? Self imposed stressing always does that to a person
- Obsess about looks- I am ever reminded that I am closer to 30 than 20. Trying on clothes at stores is usually a reality check. I convince myself that stores are making sizes smaller each year and that my body is absolutely NOT the one changing. Having a full closet and not a thing to wear is a state of mind, I guess. BLAH. It's time to grow up in this area.
- People pleasing- this one is going to be hard. I am finding a lot of people can't be pleased and find anything and everything to be upset about. I cringe at the thought of unrest so most of the time I do what I can (mostly unintentionally- it's a habit) to keep the peace. I am finding peace keeping is harder than letting it ride. I think I am in for a rough ride to a good lesson. Help me, Jesus.I pray this year is one of some maturing and learning, blessing and being blessed. I am severely blessed as it is. Simplifying in certain areas of life will help me enjoy these blessings, love well and bless others in the process I hope.