Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
1. The most adventurous thing I've ever done is hmmmmm....this is tricky, because I'm really not a very adventurous person. The most adventurous thing I've really ever done was sneaking onto a golf course in the middle of the night to go ice blocking back in high school. I'm pretty boring .
2. If I were a pair of shoes I would be a pair of shiny red flats. Cute but sensible, with just a little pop of pizazz :) .
3. My preferred mode of digital communication is texting. While talking on the phone is nice, it can last a bit too long and be pointless. Texting is to the point. I like that.
4. I feel happiest when it's the weekend or vacation .
5. A little dream I have for my life is is be a personal shopper or home interior designer. There's not a market for that around these parts so much.
6. The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is well geeze. I can't really narrow it down. I sure do appreciate my electricity and clean water. I love me some gps and cars too. I can't answer this one. Too broad .
7. Music, movies, TV or books: if I could only choose one to enjoy I would pick movies. I love books and TV but movies are sentimental to me for some reason and make me reminisce of going to them with my dad when I was little .
Sorry for the boring blanks. I'm preoccupied today :)
Fill in your own blanks at http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
saw one of my favorite red heads from Texas this weekend..
(sorry for the shakiness..I was laughing)
..and his momma, Karis
Their visit was super short!
I stayed up late and played with grapes. I don't think collagen or botox will be in my near future.
I met my friend Joan's sweet baby Daphne Belle!
I attended a 2nd birthday party for my friend Erin's sweet baby Mandolin.
It was adorable and so very creative! It was all ice cream themed.
Little girls are so fun!
I took this cute guy to the Balloon Fest
I got my sass on..
..watched some balloons glow to the sound of Dueling Banjos..
and experienced extreme heat grossness with my sweet friends.
Good friends make all of the difference in the world, I'd say!
All topped off with a Sunday evening movie date with my One and Only
It made me laugh a lot :)
I had a lot of fun.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Today's theme is TV.
I like TV. Probably too much. But I tend to justify it because of my job and staying current with what teens are watching and also I really like reality TV shows and old shows. It's really hard for me to get into sitcoms and different series' today. I guess I am showing my age here, but they they don't make TV shows like they used to. This is why most of my blanks are about the past. Particularly ages 10-20.
So this post may seem kind of boring! Sorrrrry.
1. My favorite current TV show is Master Chef. I love cooking reality shows and Gordon Ramsey is so mean. John is going through a cooking awakening so he likes to get ideas. I like it.
2. The TV character I can relate to most is It used to be DJ on Full House. Then it was Monica on Friends. Now it's ? I don't feel like I relate to anyone on TV these days .
3. My life is like (fill in with TV show and why).... nothing fits me here. Although I wish sometimes I were Giuliana of Giuliana and Bill .
4. My all time favorite TV show is Friends. I went through high school with that show. I remember all of us girls in college sitting around the TV on the last episode night and crying. We were a bit too attached I .
5. A TV show that is ridiculously stupid, but I continue to watch is Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D List. She's RI-diculous. I don't know why, but I watch it. It may be because she says all the things that most people think and gets away with it. Who knows .
6. My favorite TV couple is Giuliana and Bill Rancic. And I don't even watch that show a lot. It's the only thing I could think of.. .
7. One TV episode I could watch over and over again is the episode of Friends that's called "The one where Chandler crosses the line" and Ross is at his keyboard and is perfecting his "sound" OR the episode called "The one with the routine " where Ross and Monica get on the New Years Rockin Eve and have their dance routine planned out. I think it's so funny to me because John and I would do this if given the opportunity for sure. What's so funny about these? So glad you asked. Look below .
Play along here.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
I just won 2 tickets to the Women of Faith Imagine Conference in Kansas City, MO in November!
I love anything
I hope to take my mommy with me if she can go! She's the dearest woman of faith I know. It would be great to share that with her!
Friday, August 13, 2010
I can't wait!
How wonderful that :
a. Lauren had a birthday yesterday and
b. that my birthday is a month from today!
Oh man. This one will be a bit bittersweet since it's my last in my 20's. I am really excited to see what the 30's have in store..I'm kind of over my 20's. One more year in them though and I intend to live this next year up!
My mom calls September the "Month of Missy", which I LOVE.
1. Birthdays are: the most magnificent day of all. Especially mine. Seriouisly. I don't ever remember a birthday where I didn't feel special, loved and adored. What an awesome concept that every person gets a holiday that revolves around them. However, I am always a bit sad for the December 25th birthday people. They should get another celebration through out the year. Since Jesus has that day pretty much for eternity.
2. My favorite birthday memory was my golden birthday. My 13th. It was a Friday and I was in my grungy Dolores O'riordan stage and my closest friends came over, we went to Circle Center Mall in downtown Indianapolis, where I purchased my first pair of Doc Martens at Nordstroms where my friends sang at the top of their lungs, "Happy Birthday" and we watched "IT" stayed up until dawn eating cookie dough and laughing our brains out. It was fun. I am sure we did way too much squealing and giggling. I think I remember someone peeing in our bathtub?? .
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is buying a birthday outfit for myself. When I was at home we would always have a big family dinner. John's family, which is my family too now, sings 3 verses of Happy Birthday... It's pretty intense. We get it recorded on our answering machine every year that we aren't with them on our wonderful day. It's something else.. .
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose my mom's Swiss Steak. I request it every year for my birthday (when I am home) and would like it for every birthday to come .
5. My birthday is on September 13th! Isn't it the most wonderful day of all?! I think it's the best possible birthday date anyone could get .
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to all of the places I have ever wanted to go to. Starting with the middle east. I am not talking about the warzones so much but I hear certain places in Egypt are nice, Dubai, Morocco, Then off to the French Riviera, Ireland, St. Barts, Tuscany.... I'm going to need more birthday trips, pleeeeease .
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthay was um. I love all birthday presents. I will say.... John coming back from Iraq in 2004 alive and well and still wanting to marry me was pretty much the best 23rd birthday present a girl could ask for .
Fill in your own blanks! Get them at The Little Things We Do!
Go ahead, celebrate your birthday early! Have a very merry unbirthday!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
...and here we go again.
Checking A Cup of Jo this afternoon I found these
I had a buzz-kill and a slap that brought me back to refined sugar-free reality.
A helpful and refocusing slap, I might add.
showed me this visual entitiled
"What to do with fava beans"
Back to reality..
Well darn. I'm 9 days without sugar and going strong
BUT as I look at everyone else's blogs today I am bombarded by delicious looking treats that make me
want to cheat and develop this sweet tooth into a full set of sweet dentures.
I WILL BE STRONG! I WILL NOT GIVE IN!
I suppose I could always make the fructose only version of these things and see how they turn out.
Fun? no. Creative, yes. We'll see how that goes.
Prepare to drool:
Pound cake cupcakes with a double shot latte buttercream icing and cinnamon on top.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?
Then at The Little Things We Do, Lauren talked about her FroYo experience with a good friend
FroYo, while I only get it about once every 3 months, is one of the best edible experiences of my entire life.
I miss this:
Yogurt and friends.
Make your way over to Dandee and check out these bits of chocolate peanut butter heaven
Epictue blogged about sweetly decorated hotel suites in Maison Moschino Hotel in Milan
yes, that's a chandelier with tarts and cookies hanging from it.
And yesterday, the day I ate my natural oatmeal with blueberries in it(which was pretty great)
Annie posted this dream of a breakfast:
For real, girls. This is killing me.
However..I am ever more inspired to get a lot more creative in making my creations more.. er...creative and finding new ways to satisfy the sweet tooth I never knew I had.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Happy Wednesday! I am full of randomness today.
I thought I would just do a recap of my summer thus far.
I longed for it and waited for it to be here, as usual, but after a month of 110 degree heat I must say that I am ready for cooler weather and really I am thinking of fall on an hourly basis these days.
I am trying to really relish the remaining sunny days even though it's stifling hot outside.
So the best way to do this is to look at what wonderful, fun things have happened this summer.
I got a new camera:
I got my hair cut.
My flowers were beautiful
We enjoyed a lovely vacation;
we got tan.
We spent alot of time outdoors
..and with family.
My sweet sister came for a visit.
I got my nose pierced. (that lasted 2 weeks..long story)
I celebrated friends and their upcoming arrivals..
..and helped out with two who had already made their appearance.
I tried to improve me and my husband's lives by choosing to eat differently,
eliminating sugar from my diet :
There is much of summer left.
It's good to remember the good about my days.
It inspires me to make the most of the days ahead and not wish my now away to the future.
Have a great today !