Friday, February 6, 2009

Projects, a name and various changes


I have been waiting to post something for a while because I was hoping that my next post would be a lovely step by step phot0 journal of my home improvement endeavors. If I wait until they are done, it may be another year before I post something. So I will be at some point posting pictures of the kitchen repaint, cabinet refinishing, trim painting, redecorating etc at some point but not within the next few days. I have people asking me over and over what my kitchen looks like now. The answer- the same just with whiter cabinets. I will wait until there is something worth showing. I have no idea what color to paint my kitchen. Suggestions?!

Also, I got tired of looking at my name and having a somewhat unoriginal blog name. I mean- some people name their blogs really silly things, some name them mysterious ilusive names. The title is from a quote that is overused and I see painted on wooden home signs at Hallmark. It's by Abe Lincoln :

"And in the end its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

My blog has always been randomness. It's about my life, nothing too inspiring and definitely not a place for the newest and trendiest styles of this and that. Although, I am constantly amazed and inspired at how God conitnues to work in my life even when I am uncooperative. This is a place for me to vent and ramble about life, what I like, what I want, what I dislike, what makes me laugh what inspires me... And I am finding myself to have a greater appreciation lately for life and all that it contains: the good, the bad and the ugly, the new, the old and the temporary. Living life..that's the key. Living. Living well. Not just merely breathing and being alive. Which, I fear, I have considered living for too long.

Which brings me to my next and final point to this random post. There are a lot of changes going on in my life and in John's life. They aren't like super big changes but they are noticeable to us all of the same, a new depth in his and my relationship with each other (see "more and less "part 1), greater appreciation for our time together and where we are in life. He is entering his last year in school. It's been a l o n g stretch so far and for us to be able to say, "A year from now, we'll be done" is kind of weird and surreal. A year goes by oh-too-fast and a season of change will be upon us before we know it. This has deepened our prayer lives individually and together because we don't know what the heck we'll be doing and where we will go, if we will go anywhere. It's a ride for us. And we are enjoying it. We are trying to simplify around our house in a lot of ways. Sometimes simplifying is complex. It's hard for me to just not over think things. God has been leading us to a deeper understanding of one another and those around us, bringing us all the closer to Jesus and closer to those things in life which really matter. Drop the facades, go the extra mile, appreciate what you do have, live life to the extreme and know it's OK to have bad days. "Tomorrow is a brand new day with no mistakes in it" . Who said it??

6a00e55090f4588833010536fc9c3c970b-800wi

I saw this picture on a blog by Katie Elliot, one of my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment