Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Projects, My Passion

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

I love being outside. I love anything naturey. Planting things, watching them grow, making pretty landscapes and colorful combinations are basically a passion of mine. Its a creative outlet and being creative relaxes, inspires and fulfills me. I have been redoing my kitchen for about 6 months and its still not finished. Completing my garden endeavor has been a much quicker process! I have painting projects left to finish before I leave for Haiti too. The list gets longer the more I think about it.We need to repaint the garage..repaint the shutters...refinish the wood floors..get new mulch out..

Moving right along-

We started our garden again this year. We planted only watermelons in our little garden with a container of tomatoes courtesy of some of our friends seedlings. Last year our tomatoes didn't do so well. I am hoping by isolating them I will see better ones this year. I am really excited about the melons though. I could live off of watermelon in the summertime. Seriously.

I planted my container gardens last night. They look a bit sparse right now but this time next month, they will be flourishing and cascading down the side of the planter. I am into begonias all of the sudden. My grandma had begonias in her garden when I was younger and I think that is why I love them so much. Her garden was gorgeous. She had a rose garden with a variety of different kinds of fragrant roses. I am not there yet! Someday I want a rose garden too. Maybe at our next house we will have room to do that. That's my excuse for everything lately. "Oh I'll just do that in my next house..." What if I never move? I may be missing out.

Here are some pics so far of what I have going on outside. Nothing to enter into Better Homes and Gardens but I love looking at it all :)

pics:

http://missyaculpepper.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/my-projects-my-passion/


No comments:

Post a Comment