I made this for dinner because my Real Simple magazine told me to and I loved it!
Try it, it's so easy and surprisingly delish and filling.
It was a hit!
Chickpea-Spinach Curry With Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber—peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- naan bread, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, 2 cups water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve the chickpea mixture with the yogurt sauce and naan.