Monday, December 15, 2008

Safe and Secure

Maybe... we will see.
We got broken into over Thanksgiving. Which was really annoying to say the least. a. it's just a mean thing to do especially over the holidays and b. we had to end our time up north of Chicago two days early with people we hardly ever get to see. THAT is what got my goat the most.
I've never been a big freaker outer when it comes to feeling safe in this "interesting town" but I have been pretty cautions about being locked up etc. especially when we leave and go out of town. My theory is this: obviously the people who broke in needed our stuff more than we did. Fine. AND if a robber wants in, they'll find a way even if you have pit bulls and dobermans waiting at your door for them. They may lose a leg or something but nevertheless- they will find a way. Many people felt it was their obligation to tell us what we did wrong home security-wise and other wise. My favorite line from someone was "you were asking for it". Nope. I don't think we were so much. ' Gotta love those encouragers. Then, there were some who just wanted to help in any way possible(I appreciate the latter more). While my privacy was invaded and that definitely isn't OK with me, I feel quite peaceful about it all. Things happen. Life lesson learned. We were taken care of by loved ones while we waited for the insurance (which definitely was worth waiting for) so we had much to be thankful for in spite of the annoyance of being broken into. Some people that we would have never suspected, gave to us selflessly. That was really precious. So see, There is a shiny side to every penny. Even if that penny gets stolen from you!
here are some before and after pics of our door.
This is after our friend, Seth, and his dad Mark temporarily fixed it while we were en route from Chicago.
dscn4702dscn4703
And our new and improved "no, we aren't 'asking for it' " door.
thanksgiving-and-beyond-0171

No comments:

Post a Comment