Monday, October 26, 2009

Yep, I'm still in love. Ushy ,gushy love!

John and I recently celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.Thank you very much [bows to the right and to the left]. We have been together for 7 years. Our relationship has been different from the start. Everything about him is different than my pre-marriage ideas of the perfect husband. God was able to see what I needed in a life partner, a soul mate, a friend and a lover and provided abundantly above all that I ever asked or thought about wanting in a husband. In our first two years of marriage, he was there for 13 months of it. It was rough. But when something is meant to be and protected by God, it survives and thrives despite the hard times.
 I love him more than the sun shines.  He's the sweetest most tender hearted, well meaning person I have ever met. 100% genuine. He doesn't put up a front or try to people please. These things inspire me to be thankful and to be better. He  is manly to the max but is never arrogant.  He is light-hearted and makes me laugh even when I don't want to. He helps any who need it and asks for nothing in return. His heart is gold. He is patient with me, gentle with me. He indulges me and pampers me.What did I do to deserve this?!  We are still working out our differences day by day (which are many, still!) but  I couldn't have asked for a more suitable guy to work through life with.  So indulge my ode to my Love. He captivates me!








So darn kissable too!



Even when I can' see him. The very thought of him makes me smile.


The Handsomest


If he was a Care Bear, he'd be Tenderheart.
 
"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine

1 comment:

  1. This is the best. That is how i feel about Dan too. God is so good to us. I love the pictures you put up of you two. They are sweet!

    ReplyDelete