Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let me tell ya'..

..what it's like to be 9 months pregnant and catch a stomach virus.

a.) I felt like my baby was going to come out of my mouth
    Poor thing. She just stopped moving as soon as I started..well, you know, puking. And since this was the first time throwing up my entire pregnancy, I was even MORE thankful that I had never experienced morning sickness of any kind. I just had the blahs. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. YIKES!

b.) It's awkward x 25
Almost NOT making it to the bathroom when you are going to..well, you know, puke, is a challenge when you aren't pregnant but then imagine a watermelon stuffed in your belly, trying to get down to the toilet and then just, well, you know, puke.. DOUBLE YIKES! Getting up from the floor was an entirely different situation. Never had a bathroom floor looked so amazing and inviting to lie down on before. Much more preferable than trying to find a way up..

c.) Don't mess around with the dehydration!
 Poor baby D. She didn't know what to do. I started puking and she stopped moving. I ended up going to the hospital to get some fluids and have them check her out too which sent her back into normalcy again. I'm still trying to play catch up with my hydration.  My body is trying to hold onto every fluid possible now which results in sausage fingers.. awesome.

{manhands}

d.) It gives you perspective
Even though I know I will be tired and drained in the coming weeks with a new infant, at least (please, Jesus) I will be healthy. I am glad I didn't have other kids to care for during this flu!
And as always, you find a new appreciation for what "normal" feels like after something like that.

Yay for health!




No comments:

Post a Comment