Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Simply Divine

"The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?" ---Henry David Thoreau

{I'm always ripping off other poeple's quotes. Hey, there is no need to reinvent the wheel as far as literary genious goes! I am always glad to reuse someones elses thoughts and words to explain my feelings.}
My Tricia was here this past weekend to visit with her 3 boys:the twins and Mark.
What a sense of bliss my soul felt as soon as I knew they were on their way. Frienship from far away is good but frienship closer is better- what a revelation,eh?
There is something to be said for easy friendships. Complex in it's effortlessness. The inside jokes, memories, tears and laughs, support, secrets, fears all flowed freely without apprehension. 36 hours of relaxing, laughing, snuggling with babies together, ahh that's the life!
Basically, I just loved the whole weekend and it was nice just to be....and we ate about 20 homemade chocolate chip cookies between us. This weekend was simply divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment