Monday, July 19, 2010

Giant Fall Picture Post



It's that time of year. The time when I get a bit restless in the 100 degree heat and constant sunshine (whaaaaat? wasn't I begging Jesus just yesterday for longer sunny days and sweltering heat, Tropical Snow and beach season?? Can't a girl just be satisfied for once?).
 J'adore summer. But I long for autumn. Every year. I guess knowing that pumpkin picking and orchard visiting, leaves turning and jazzy fall meals are soon ahead makes me all the more eager to get there. Summer is definitely essential to fall. I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't appreciate it half as much. Just like Winter is essential to Spring. Summer and Winter are just transitional seasons, the way I see it.  But I do long for fall clothes, layers and boots. 'Punkins' and baking. Hot Chai on a rainy day. Driving under a canopy of colorful maple leaves. Burning the spicey patchouli candle. Celebrating my anniversary And upping my intake of Madeleine Peyroux and Blossom Dearie.
Until then, this will tide me over.
 I intend to ride my bike in this sweltering heat and appreciate the humidity and sunshine, mosquito bites and sun freckles as long as possible. I will grill everything eatable as long as possible and cherish every minute of daylight because soon I will be posting about how depressed I am that it is dark and rainy.
I Love that my anniversary is smack dab in the middle of  fall. 
It's pretty representative of who we are. Things are always changing. But together, we get through it.
 It's a beautifully colorful process.

fall clothes, layers, boots,coats, hats and scarves. Yes, please!


Fin.



Sources:

1 comment: