Friday, February 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday Night, Date Night


I've been watching Wheel of Fortune a lot lately. I think my post title would be a good Before and After puzzle, yes??
Sooo...the baby is napping, laundry is started, the cat box (gag me) is scooped and I have time still! :)
A filling I go:

 1. I started my blog because   I like to write. And "getting it out" helps me focus and is a creative outlet of sorts. It's also a way for family and friends (most, all far away) stay in touch with what's going on in our neck of the woods!

2.   One thing I love seeing on other blogs   are the real posts. I love project posts, I love trendy posts, decor idea posts but the ones that are "hey-this-is-where-I-am-at-FOR-REAL" speak to me much more and inspire me in ways that go beyond artsiness. That's something that lasts. I appreciate it.

3.  Something I love about blogging   the concept of ANYTHING GOES. Sometimes anything is a bit too much but all the same,  if you love it and you are passionate about it, it shows in your blog and others will love it and be inspired! Yay! .

4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably  my choosing one is always hard for me! I will give you my top 5... my Haiti mission trip post, pregnancy announcement, friendship series, birth story and month by month Dahlia posts.  Pretty rad if I do say so myself..

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog is    secrets, secrets are so fun!f I don't post about it...it's for a reason :) Some things are sacred! .

6.  My new favorite blogs to read are  Making it Myself in Middlebury and that's all I have time for these days. Just that one :)  .

7.  Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are   being overly negative, acting like I have it all together. A fine line, my friends! .

{fill in your own blanks..get the weekly blanks HERE}

Enjoy your weekend!
My husband and I are going on our first post- baby date tonight.  Just dinner out. Him and I. Conversing exclusively about US (not the United States, us as a couple). Not the baby(this will be hard).
I would love to see The Vow (and so would John. He's a woman like that.)
But I'm sure it would be a waste of time and money because I would be texting our babysitter so much to check in on DJ that I would get kicked out of the theater by the people with flashlights (btw they really take their jobs seriously! Must be the fancy vests and bowties they wear...)

It will be short and sweet as to minimize my anxiety about leaving our girl this first time .
Baby steps are better than no steps, right?

We will work up to dates like this:

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment