Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Month #5 continued..


She weighed in at 17.1 pounds and was 26 inches long
For those of you who like to know percentile (I do, even though I don't really get it)
She's in the 90th for weight and the 75th for height.
I thought she would be 20 pounds but I was wrong.
She's starting to level off a bit.
The doc told us she has a little tongue tie but that it might not even be a problem.
I wondered why we had such a hard time with latching at the beginning!
He gave us the go ahead for cereal,  veggies and fruits but I think I will hold off just a little bit still.
She sure is interested in my food but since she's still gaining and seems satisfied, I will probably start her at 6 months unless something changes.

She got her shots like a trooper.
She was MAD and she hurt but recovery time was way quicker than the last batch and the nurse who gave them was better at it. That made a huge difference.
I went back and forth about whether to immunize or not but after thinking about it too much and researching til my head hurt, I conceded to medical science and prayed that God would protect my baby if I was being an idiot. It's hard to know what to do, what not to do. My guts told me to do it.
It's different for everyone, I suppose.



Still, it's hard to see those little tiny holes in her leg. 

She's a healthy baby. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment