Wednesday, February 9, 2011

..in Lunch Lady Land

I've become the resident lunch lady.

{hopefully I'm a tadge cuter..}

John works close to home and likes to come home for lunch.
I like to cook.
Thus,  I cook him lunch.
I've been trying to get creative and healthy with my kitchen offerings.

soooooo..

This is what's happening in "Lunch Lady Land":
Today I had a hit!
I used lots of my favorite ingredients shown 
HERE
cilantro and limes are two of my favorite smells and tastes ever. I don't think you can ever have too much of either!

I had some leftover peppercorn pork loin from the other night and so this was a nice way to reuse that.
And it took maybe 10 minutes to do all of it. Having the pork done was the key.
It would be good with turkey or chicken too! In my lovely town of no ethnic  grocery food options I had to forgo the chipotle chiles but I replaced them with fresh cut red pepper. And I made my own salsa.
Also, I added black beans because  a.) extra protein and  b.) they're delicious.
John, who is a fan of all things mexican, loved it.

It's easy. Try it!

Your mouth and your husband will thank you.
{He doesn't like participating in blog pictures, as you can see..}


Chipotle Pork and Avacodo Wraps


Ingredients

  • 1/2  cup  mashed peeled avocado
  • 1 1/2  tablespoons  low-fat mayonnaise
  • 1  teaspoon  fresh lime juice
  • 2  teaspoons  chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
  • 1/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon  ground cumin
  • 1/4  teaspoon  dried oregano
  • 4  (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
  • 1 1/2  cups  (1/4-inch-thick) slices cut  roasted pork (about 8 ounces)
  • 1  cup  shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1/4  cup  bottled salsa

Preparation

Combine the first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado mixture over each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange roasted pork slices down center of tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce and 1 tablespoon salsa, and roll up.


Nutritional Information Calories:239 Fat:5.8g Protein:13.9g Carbohydrate:32.8g Fiber:2.6g




Annnnnnd this is what I had for lunch:
Today isn't the best appetite day for me.
I didn't sleep well and when I don't sleep well, my blah-ness increases.
So Cocoa Krispies it is for the next few meals.
Grow, baby, grow!

Happy Eating Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. yum! Looks delish!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh. YUM. You are so good. I'm scared of pork. I never really make it. Pork chops like three times a year, and every so often I'll buy a pork roast and throw it in the crock pot and make BBQ. Maybe you can teach me to do pork. Also, thanks for the b-day card. It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete