Monday, February 14, 2011

It's a Monday and I'm pregnant..


..'nuff said.

a. I slept on the couch most of the night which is always an adventure in attempting proper rest.
Lately at like 2 a.m. I wake up and feel like my legs "need" to do pilates exercises. I lay there and I do all of these bouncy, weird leg stretches because apparently my nerves are going crazy or my hips are expanding (oh, help me, Jesus) or something. So I do all of these weird yoga stretches, pilates moves and try to get my bones to stop annoying me. When the 20 minute workout I have memorized doesn't help, I move to the couch where always, my left arm falls asleep. But I don't so much..

b. I think I had my first for real hormonal freak out today.
I wasn't mean. It wasn't that kind of freak out. It was more of a uncontrollable crying about things that are out of my control freak out.

c. NOTHING fits correctly. Only the over-sized underwear I bought on accident 2 months ago is not so over-sized anymore. So that's a good fit but unfortunately that's not acceptable public appearance wear. Darn. Maternity clothes are way too big but my clothes are making me look like a tightly-wrapped overstuffed burrito. I am not complaining. This is a great predicament to have. I'm just saying  I am running out of cotton pants to wear.

wait! hold on...

d. as I am writing this, God shows up (per usual)
   1. John comes home with a rose for me and a rose for PJ (that's what we call the baby). How sweet is that?!
 2. after he leaves and I resume writing. 5 minutes later I get a knock on the door and a delivery of flowers  from two dear, dear friends. What?! You're kidding, right?!
I LOVE flowers AND friends!
 LOVE
 LOVE
 LOVE
them




I think it's time for me to chill and rest and know I am loved by God, my family and my friends. All the rest are minor details that He has under control. 

Let's look at the facts, shall we?:
*I was treated this morning to a lovely breakfast made by my chef of a husband. 
*I have flowers of all different kinds gracing my home.
*I am carrying the sweetest Valentine of all in my belly and
*I get to spend this evening with some of my dear Bible study friends.

So it's Monday and yes, I am pregnant but it turns out that neither of those is a bad thing at all! On the contrary! They are both ways where God showed up and treated me with something amazing:
 lots of love.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and thinking..yes me too, me too :)
    I had a weird hormonal thing happen last week...crying for no reason. That is new to me.

    ReplyDelete