Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Who likes to organize??? I do, I do!!

Sometimes I think that a. I am either too easily amused or b. I have a disorder
I like to organizing something fierce.
It's going to be insane once I start nesting..
I will be honest, the mood has to strike me (or I have to get sick of looking at piles and messiness).  But when I am ready, watch out. I'll fold things you didn't know were foldable and I will get rid of stuff like it's going out of style. I love having garage sales!
There is no way to psycho-analyize my need to straighten and create order but I have my theories.
I appreciate a house that looks lived-in , not so much a house that makes me start twitching from the mass amounts of chaos and clutter. Everything has it's place. Some people just prefer that place to be in the cracks of couches or on the floors of closets..
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a psycho about clean houses, just sort of maybe a little bit.
But I know for a fact there is unfolded laundry in the basket and maybe, just maybe a dust bunny (or 20) under my bed (even though I DID swiffer under it just last week).
A well-cleaned and organized house creates a sense of calm and order and I love both of those things!

So yeah. I got my organize on today.
I was graciously given some fantastic maternity clothes and they have been sitting in bags at the end of my bed and in stacks on my closet floor for a couple of months.
I trip over then every night while trying to find my way to the bathroom at 2 a.m. It was getting old.

So I got motivated to go buy some more spacebags (LOVE THEM)

and turned this bunch of unfitting clothes..


.. into these little pancakes

and freed up a whole bunch of hangers
Score.

Now I just have to figure out how to hang two people's worth of clothing in one tiny closet once the baby gets here..

Oh, and in case you were wondering, don't put your babies in space bags to store them. Apparently that's not a good idea?? Shew, glad they clarified. I was going to put these on my baby registry.


Find helpful hints on organizing here:

1 comment:

  1. Huh, I really wanted to see how flat I could get Daphne... Too bad, I guess.

    ReplyDelete