Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project time!

I like to call it "first stage nesting".
I am sort of going project crazy.
I think there are just so many things to be done and squared away before the Sweet One gets here.

So far, here is the checklist:

o   Recover(maybe repaint)glider
o   Paint nursery
o   Carpet nursery (maybe)
o   Buy baby furniture
o   Make baby art
o   Redesign the living room {cheaply!}
o   Sand and repaint my china cabinet
o   Rearrange my bedroom to accommodate Sassafrass’s bassinet
o   Repaint the shutters that were once red and are now  80’s mauve
o   Organize garage sale items and price them
o   Go through 25 years of family pictures and scrapbook them for my parents
ü  Consolidate closets
ü  Install more storage cabinets
ü  Go through baby memorabilia


That’s it for today…

I think all of these things are totally doable by August. If not, then wahtevs.
But, I know once She arrives those things will go to page 500 of my priority list for all of eternity.
Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme. But you get the point, they won't be at the top of my list. I won't even HAVE a list for a long while.
Although, I like to think that I may be quite organized as a first-time mom. We shall see.
So far, here are a couple of little successes:

'Made new pillows for the living room
 that one day will get a facelift
 and obviously, I am a little excited about this fabric from Urban
 that I have had forevah, I'm making everything out of it!

Our recovered piano bench (which took me only 15 minutes!) 



and here is the glider that needs a makeover
got this little gem for free from my friend Danielle!
and praise be that I finally get to sell that heinous rug you see.
 It was a wedding present from one of John's military room-mates. 
I've lived with it for 6 1/2 years and I ready for someone else to experience
 the joy of owning it..

So that's it for now. We will see if my to-do list shrinks anytime soon.
Right now I am off to start organizing 5,000 photos..
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment