I can't wait!
How wonderful that :
a. Lauren had a birthday yesterday and
b. that my birthday is a month from today!
Oh man. This one will be a bit bittersweet since it's my last in my 20's. I am really excited to see what the 30's have in store..I'm kind of over my 20's. One more year in them though and I intend to live this next year up!
My mom calls September the "Month of Missy", which I LOVE.
1. Birthdays are: the most magnificent day of all. Especially mine. Seriouisly. I don't ever remember a birthday where I didn't feel special, loved and adored. What an awesome concept that every person gets a holiday that revolves around them. However, I am always a bit sad for the December 25th birthday people. They should get another celebration through out the year. Since Jesus has that day pretty much for eternity.
2. My favorite birthday memory was my golden birthday. My 13th. It was a Friday and I was in my grungy Dolores O'riordan stage and my closest friends came over, we went to Circle Center Mall in downtown Indianapolis, where I purchased my first pair of Doc Martens at Nordstroms where my friends sang at the top of their lungs, "Happy Birthday" and we watched "IT" stayed up until dawn eating cookie dough and laughing our brains out. It was fun. I am sure we did way too much squealing and giggling. I think I remember someone peeing in our bathtub?? .
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is buying a birthday outfit for myself. When I was at home we would always have a big family dinner. John's family, which is my family too now, sings 3 verses of Happy Birthday... It's pretty intense. We get it recorded on our answering machine every year that we aren't with them on our wonderful day. It's something else.. .
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose my mom's Swiss Steak. I request it every year for my birthday (when I am home) and would like it for every birthday to come .
5. My birthday is on September 13th! Isn't it the most wonderful day of all?! I think it's the best possible birthday date anyone could get .
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to all of the places I have ever wanted to go to. Starting with the middle east. I am not talking about the warzones so much but I hear certain places in Egypt are nice, Dubai, Morocco, Then off to the French Riviera, Ireland, St. Barts, Tuscany.... I'm going to need more birthday trips, pleeeeease .
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthay was um. I love all birthday presents. I will say.... John coming back from Iraq in 2004 alive and well and still wanting to marry me was pretty much the best 23rd birthday present a girl could ask for .
Fill in your own blanks! Get them at The Little Things We Do!
Go ahead, celebrate your birthday early! Have a very merry unbirthday!