Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet tooth


I am not a big sugar person. I don't always need dessert. 
I like cake-ish things. Brownies, cupcakes stuff like that. And I like Dagoba's Xocalatl chocolate. OY!


The chiropractor, YES the chiropractor, said I needed to give my liver a rest once again. He put me on a Milk Thistle detox something or other.
I did no sugar for 3 weeks last fall and it was awesome minus the 3 days of withdrawals that were similar to crack withdrawal (I'm feeling dramatic today). After I got over the hump I was good and felt UH-Mazing.
Yep. That good.
Anyway, he reminded me that the only difference between sugar and arsenic is time. Whoa. It just got serious in here.
So the less I put in my body the better off I am in the long run I suppose 



My poison is Coke. I gave up artificial sweeteners so I don't do Diet Dr. Pep anymore. 
This little illustration I found is slightly incorrect because I looked at the Coke at work and it has 39 grams of sugar but check it out anyway:
There are 40.5 grams of sugar in a 12 oz can of Coke.
Forty grams of sugar is the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar.
10 teaspoons of sugar is the equivalent of 20 sugar cubes






  • I would never just sit and eat 20 sugar cubes!! ( I know I said I wouldn't use umbrella/ blanket statements anymore but this calls for an exception)
    I usually only have soda  when I go to the movies or when I am craving sugar.
            

Anyway this is way more doable than my raw food diet. That was so gross. I won't even lie. Here's a little reminder of what it looked like:


I was not meat to eat like a forest herbivore. 






No comments:

Post a Comment