Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Turkey in my belly and other fall things

Today is the 
AUTUMNAL EQUINOX

Ever since I learned the proper names for all the seasons in 7th grade, I must call them accordingly.
Mrs. Tidball taught me well.

As you can see, I am celebrating by my little themed background..
(side-note: I change the background with my mood. I am not a locked-in kind of girl when it comes to lay outs. So enjoy the rainbow that is my background)

Today I wore a sweater even though it's 5,000 degrees out.
And I am keeping my office on the chilly side. I plan to make hot tea and burn my autumn candle at my desk.

This season I look forward to (just to name a few..)

brisk mornings and pleasant afternoons
fall colors in nature
pumpkin picking
sweater wearing
sock wearing
BOOT wearing
scarf wearing
chai, chai liquid pumpkin pie
pie baking
pie eating
Thanksgiving and lots of turkey in my belly
Fall fests
family gatherings
my house smelling like cinnamon and punkins
raking
rainy Saturdays where I wear sweatpants, read books, watch movies, bake pies, and drink copious amounts of tea or hot cider
walks where I don't sweat
scenic bike rides with this guy

No looking back at summer, even though it was filled with wonderful fresh veggies, sunny days and vacation time. I am hoping for the day when I check the weather in the morning and find that the high won't be exceeding 70. 

Happy Autumn Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! It's my favorite and I can't wait either!!!! Bring it on! I'm excited for pumpkin patches, apple orchards, crisp mornings and fall clothes!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete