Wednesday, March 3, 2010

26

My Love's birthday was yesterday.

Let me just say, I LOVE ME SOME BIRTHDAYS!
I really love my own but I think other's are just as fun.
Especially my husband's.
John Lawrence Culpepper. 
What a man.
He was the big 2-6..
[SIDENOTE: He says I am a cougar (since I am 2 1/2 years older). I think if I was 20 1/2 years older, that would be fitting. But I DO like cats so...the title 'cougar' is fine with me.]

Anyway- this was his day. I tried to make it as special as possible even though it was a normal work day for both of us.


We started with "brefkas" in bed. 
(He dons my baby blanket that I still sleep with on a nightly basis for the purpose of you not being grossed out my his manly chest hairs- but that sentence probably grossed you out, no?)




Accompanied by birthday presents:
(which are still en route to us so he got envelopes with printed pictures.. lame)
This was a present to me too- DMB tickest for June.
(this was his favorite)
then:


a sweet ride. He gave up the Trek and wants something for a more "mature man"- his words.

I made a Devil's Food Chocolate cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting







After dinner of endless amounts of pasta and and sauces we brought out the cake!





applause for doing such a good job at
 a.) blowing out the candles 
OR
b.) turning 10..? [I thought 26 candles would be overload and perhaps depressing??]


Friends, Kai and Seth,  woobie and husband of Karis!


Rebecca holds a captive audience while telling  hilar stories until after midnight.
(just kidding..the clock is wrong. Very wrong)




The cake was a hit!



so was Ogden (Rebecca and Derek's woobie)




Enjoying the after dinner conversation with good friends




Sweet gifts



No B-day is complete without a can of Flarp..


(not shown- a sweet bike bell and an Illinois 'John' license plate for his bike.)

So it was a good day for him. I am so glad he was born.
He's a gem.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment